Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Issues I care about





My first topic is the current Presidential Election Cycle, especially in worrying of the Republican Party. Though in the Democratic Party it is pretty much settled between two people, but on the Right there are over ten hopefuls. But the most worrisome part is the fact that there is more hatred brewed by the frontrunner, Donald Trump. I've strongly disagreed with his policies because of how ludicrous they could face to the nation as it is implemented in real life. The main reason why I am against his policies is because of the ways that it could be disastrous for the nation, especially his tax code because of the way that the poverty line would be higher each year.


The other is college costs, because of how high it is to pay for college. I have a special circumstance since I am part of a two home upbringing and one parent, I don't know if he would pay. In other countries, higher education is pretty cheap or free. For instance, the EU and my home country combined for four years, all costs should come around $10,000 or $20,000. In the EU, it is free for most countries and also it is widely appreciated by their citizens.
Cost of college



In a less serious note, the NFL Playoffs are in full bloom. This weekend there was a first time as all four wildcard teams (teams as the #5, and #6 seeds in each conference) won. Last Saturday, after a miraculous or in the case of the Cincinnati Bengals disaster, Big Ben and the Steeler offense had a drive consisting of 9 plays covering 74 yards in a minute and nine seconds for a game-winning 35-yard field goal with 14 seconds left. This drive also sealed that the Bengals have not won a playoff game for the 25th straight year and 8th straight loss within that span.

1 comment:

  1. I strongly agree with your stance on Donald Trump. I saw a political cartoon illustrating "the Trump Effect," that features a map of Canada and the Americas, but the U.S. is upside down. I think that if he were to be President, our country will be a disaster, and everything would go downhill from there.

    ReplyDelete